This picture (taken less than a week ago!) is actually out of date because he's lost another tooth on the bottom; that's 3 teeth in as many weeks! If he keeps this up the poor Tooth Fairy's going to be broke!! We won't mention that she had to borrow $2 (she really can't afford $10 per tooth at this rate!) from him since one tooth came out so unexpectedly...It fell out while he was eating dinner one night!! But he has been satisfied with his $2 reward and seemed really excited by the eight quarters hiding under his pillow this morning. Who would've thought that eight quarters were cooler than ten bucks?? Not me, for sure!
Moving on...The creative juices have just been trickling at the Hill House. My niece's birthday party was a couple of weeks ago, so I found the brilliant idea of "customizing" a picture frame for her. *Disclaimer: this is unfortunately not an original idea of mind. I saw it on a blog, but haven't been able to find that post since. If you've blogged about this type of creation before, please let me know so that I can give proper credit!* And for Valentine's Day, I want to make each of my boys something similar to this idea. I think it's super cute, and the great thing is that it can be changed throughout the year to go along with anything. I'm also brain-storming ideas for the boys' room, as my dad is currently building a bed for Russell, and once complete, Brandon and Russell will share a room! I have a general idea in mind for the theme/colors/decor, but getting it from my mind to the room is going to be a whole other issue! And then once that's complete, I'll have an empty room to work with and there are already ideas for it bouncing around in my little mind. Hopefully I'll remember to take before and after pictures, because I will certainly need to document my creativity at work!
And then there's the house. We've been in it for almost 8 months, and the only completed room is the laundry room. Sad, right? Especially since I try to avoid that room at all costs!
But I have been looking for the things that I want/need to complete certain rooms, and one of those things was chairs for a sitting area in the master bedroom. Well I happen to stumble across some this weekend and I am officially in love with them. And I had just enough money in my wallet to cover the cost! Tell me that it wasn't fate! These chairs don't officially complete the room, but I am a little bit closer today than I was this time last week! And it's nice to finally have one item marked off the list. Now on to nightstands...So that's what we've been up to, besides work and school and everyday life. I will be back soon to tell you all about the Mom of the Year award that I will be getting. Until then!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment