Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Time for Change

One would think that with the recent snow and with my two days “off” work, that I’d have done a new post or something.  But man, we’ve been busy!  Just see for yourself!

IMG_6677 IMG_6646And when we weren’t playing in the snow, I was holed up in my home “office” working away.  Unlike almost every other employee at work.  And then when it was time to report to the office, I was one of the few who left my kids in order to go in, even though I was one of the only ones who had worked the previous two days.  Something is wrong with that if you ask me! 

But anyway, the past few days have gotten me thinking…It’s time for some changes around this joint.  My job just isn’t what I want to be doing for the rest of my life.  It’s just not fulfilling at all for me.  Overall I guess I can’t (and shouldn’t) complain, but more often than not I sit wondering why I’m doing what I’m doing, and if my job is really meaningful.  That’s bad, right? 

So cue the going back to school thing, and the desire to get into nursing.  I want to help people and see the joy on their faces.  I want to hold babies and help them feel better.  I certainly don’t expect it to all be a bed of roses; after all, it will still be a job.  But my hope is that it will be a job that I love.  A job that I look forward to going to each and every day.  A job that I don’t have nightmares about like I do now.  Again, I don’t expect it to all be lovely and rosy, but I am longing for a change, and to see what else might be out there for me.

And hopefully that change is coming soon!  I took the entrance exam for the nursing program back in November and actually passed!  Now I’m not in the nursing program yet, but I did get a letter last week that they are beginning the selection process and will have their students picked for the nursing program by mid-February.  Here’s to hoping that I’m one of their choices!  I got a little disheartened because it’s been so long ago that I took the test, but I could’ve jumped for joy last week when I got that letter.  Again, I know that the letter means nothing until I’m actually accepted, but it does keep the sliver of hope alive.  And so I’ll start this next quarter of classes with a slightly renewed spirit that this will all be worth it, and will wait patiently while biting my nails off! for any news that may come from this.

Happy January and here’s to hoping for change! 

No comments: