Christmas is officially over for us, as we finally made it around to all five, yes 5!, Christmas celebrations. And the aftermath is more than evident as you can see!
The sad thing though is this picture only reflects 4 of 5 celebrations; we added one more load of presents to this pile! But as the boys were playing Christmas night, revving up their tractors, crashing their monster trucks (all sounds kid-made of course) and I was trying to sort through this disaster area, it hit me…I would not have it any other way. Since we moved into the new house, messes like this just make me go kind of crazy. Like, I have to get this cleaned up Right Now crazy. But for this weekend, it’s all good. My boys are happy and I can’t get enough of that “Life is Good” feeling.
And life is good, with only a couple itty bitty exceptions. Both boys have been sick the past week. Russell hasn’t had any symptoms other than chronic coughing and the oh so scientific symptom of “just not being himself”; Brandon ran a slight fever a few nights, has a cough like half his lung is coming out, and a nose that flows like Niagra Falls (great image, right?). We did manage to make it through Christmas, but Christmas night brought midnight wake up calls by both boys. Russell because his ear was hurting and Brandon probably because Russell woke him up. I took them to the doctor today and the verdict is ear infection for Russell and just a nasty cold for Brandon. But I am thankful that they were still able to enjoy Christmas Day. We would’ve survived even if they had been sick, but it is that much better that they made it through.
Christmas night we also got snow and it was actually enough to be pretty! The boys and I played in it for a little bit, and Brandon actually enjoyed the snow this time. Earlier this year when we got snow, it wasn’t such a hit. Early 2010 compared to December 2010. See what I mean?
I can’t believe the holidays are over, but part of me is ready for the calmness of regular months. Not that they are ever calm, but you know what I mean. There was a fleeting moment on Christmas Eve where I thought “I don’t want this to end”, but then all the craziness of Christmas started and that went out the window. :-)
I hope you all had a fun and memorable Christmas as well. Now it’s time for us to plan for anniversary number 7 and then Valentine’s Day, and then Easter, and then Russell’s birthday, and then…Oh here we go again!
Happy New Year!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment