Sunday, November 7, 2010

October 2010

What a busy month we’ve had!  Or at least busy weekends of the month.  A couple of weekends ago Ben and I rode the motorcycle to Pigeon Forge to spend aIMG_5781  weekend with the boys and his parents.  Now I’ve ridden the motorcycle a time or two before, but never on a four hour trip; and unfortunately I have to say that it wasn’t too terribly bad.  In fact, it was pretty enjoyable.  Well, with the exception of some kind of bee flying up Ben’s jacket sleeve on the mountain road (thank God for scenic overlooks!) and with the exception of us missing a turn and taking 8 hours to get home.  Yes, except for that it wasn’t too bad.  I really think the boys had a great time too.  We played putt putt, visited the best candy factory in Gatlinburg, rode the trolley, and raced each other in go karts.  For the trip to only have been 2 days, we packed those days as full as we could and squeezed all the fun out that we could.

 IMG_5869

Halloween was lots of fun too.  Both kids wore two separate costumes and we have enough candy to last us until probably Halloween of next year!  Yes, two costumes per kid.  Fortunately I only had to pay for one of the costumes.  I was given a skeleton costume for Brandon, and after wearing it for the car ride from our house to MamaJean’s he decided he was done with it.  He wanted nothing more to do with that costume.  So when it was time to trick or treat, I talked him into wearing Russell’s old football uniform so that we could go “see all the pumpkins”.  That was all well and good until the neighbor wearing a scary mask chased us and then he was over Halloween for the night.  I had the same deal with Russell.  I bought him a Frankenstein costume and after wearing it to his football party, he decided he didn’t like it and he ended up wearing his football uniform as well!

 IMG_5973 IMG_5978

Oh well, at least they both had a good time I suppose. 

Stay tuned for another post coming soon (I’m actually already working on it!!!) about some exciting upcoming football stuff.  There is good news for the Dawson County Tigers!

No comments: