Okay, so do you remember this post? Well that mentality and thought process sucks. Why does not wanting to have any regrets suck? Well because that mentality is what possessed inspired me to sign up to run a 5K in March. Um, I have not competitively run since Junior year of high school. And since I am now a quarter century old (25!!) that equals out to 8 years since I have competitively run!! Deep down I am kind of excited about it, but on the surface I am still trying to figure out what in the world I was thinking. Maybe I was thinking that since I'm getting so old, signing up for a 5K as a birthday present to myself would make me feel younger? Or maybe I was thinking that it would be nice to get off the couch and start doing something for ME again, instead of everything revolving around a certain 3 boys? I am not really sure what the reason was, but I have paid my entry fee and now must attempt to run this thing. I've already suckered inspired one friend to run with me, but if anyone else feels possessed led to join us, you can sign up at the following link.
I will let you all know how it goes assuming I survive, but if you see no posts from me after March 20th, you will know that this crazy new mindset finally got the best of me.
On a more "not about me" note, Russell has signed up for baseball again this year. Last year he was in T-Ball, but he has graduated to Baseball this year, complete with tryouts and team "selections". We have our first practice tonight, assuming it's not rained out, and I can't wait to see if he remembers anything from last year. And since I got a new fancy, shmancy camera from my folks for Christmas, I'll be sure to take some pictures of his stellar baseball skills and have them ready for you soon*.
*Translation-sometime before baseball season is over.
No comments:
Post a Comment