Katelyn and Brandon fussed, played, ate, bathed, and slept together like champs. Well, except for the playing, eating, and sleeping parts. But they fussed and did bath time well together! Play time and food time were a different story. I found out (well already knew but got to witness first hand) that they don't share very well. On the very first night with us, anything Katelyn put down Brandon would come behind her and pick up. He wouldn't take toys from her, but he would get them after she put them down and go put them somewhere else. There were a few times when he would steal a toy, and I knew he had done it because I'd hear her high pitch, only a dog should be able to hear it, shriek! But there was no biting, and only a small amount of hair pulling. And meals were done in assembly line fashion...I'd sit on the couch and they'd each stand at a knee and wait (ever so patiently of course) for their bites. Brandon just couldn't wait as long as Katelyn in between bites, because as you all know the kid never gets anything to eat, so he would pitch a small fit. But we made it through our meals and those three days with little to no hitch at all.
I greatly enjoyed spending time with my niece, as did Ben and even Russell. I hope Kacey and Craig go away again soon so that I can get her again! :) Oh yeah, to all of those who said I should have a little girl...Well there's no need for that because I can put Brandon's hair in a ponytail just fine!
1 comment:
That is adorable! Sounds like you guys are ready for number 3! Maybe a girl this time? I don't think Brandon is going to go for the bow in the hair thing much longer!
Post a Comment