Tuesday, September 22, 2009

A Man After my own Heart

Well, he already has my heart, as do the two other boys in my house, but Brandon's trying to learn how to do laundry, and it just steals a little bit more of my heart every time...Now if he'll just learn the difference between clean and dirty... :)
This video was taken in fun, but he actually does help me do laundry. I'll lay the wet clothes on the dryer door, and he'll push them into the dryer. For some strange reason he thinks that is the greatest thing in the world, and you can bet your bottom dollar that I won't tell him any differently! He also helps shut the dryer door and waits excitedly for me to push the On button. I'm hoping that his fascination continues well into adulthood, or at least until he moves out! Russell's fascination with laundry went down the drain EARLY (hence the clothes he leaves Everywhere!) but hopefully Brandon's will last.
Brandon is growing and changing so much every day. It amazes me how quickly he's learning and how quickly he understands and remembers things. His vocabulary is expanding very quickly as well; he now says "Kiss", "Juice", "Yes" (and sometimes remembers to add the head motion), "Ma" (mom), "Da" (dad), he grunts when he sees a dog, and even said "Horse" the other day...Did I mention he's after my own heart? He LOVES being outside, and says something very similar to "Out" when he's looking out a window or door. He still does tons of growling and babbling, but we haven't made heads or tails of the rest of his words.
I did have to take him to the Dr yesterday because he just hasn't been acting like himself. He didn't have any "symptoms" of being sick, but he had just been overly whiny and had a few too many screaming fits for my taste. Well come to find out the poor baby had an ear infection in his left ear. Like I said, no symptoms to speak of, but just wasn't himself so I knew something was wrong (excuse me while I pat myself on the back for a minute!) :) He's gained 1.5 pounds in a month and is up to 23 pounds now, so table foods are working for him but milk still isn't. I try every now and then to sneak in a couple of ounces of whole milk, but within just a day or two I can tell that it's irritating his tummy. Not sure what steps we're going to try next for that, but I'm in no rush to change anything right now. Other than the ear and his milk troubles he's doing great and growing like a weed...I'll be sure to post some pictures next time; I know you're dying to see him again.

Lindsey

1 comment:

The Lichtenberg's said...

Poor guy, i can't believe he had an ear infection. Thank goodness Mom was paying close attention to her little baby boy :) I can't wait to hear him talk, such a cutie! He needs to spend some more time with Haley so she can teach him how to do the laundry more often! She has to pick up after Clayton and I every morning.