Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Transitions...

As we quickly approach little man's first birthday, I'm trying to get him used to everything he'll experience after turning ONE. The first thing we're working on is Whole Milk. I've started doing 2 oz. of whole milk in a 6 or 7 oz bottle, and I've noticed that he's leaving an ounce or two in each bottle...I don't know if he doesn't like the taste or if he's just getting full faster since the milk has more protein or fats or whatever in it. Hmm...

The next thing we're working on is table food instead of baby food. I kick myself every time I buy baby food because seriously, how hard is it for me to mash up the green beans or peas we eat?? So Brandon has been enjoying our meals with us. Granted they may not be the most nutrious meals some nights, but there's some good in each of them. Or at least that's what I'm telling myself! :)

First Meal: Cubed Steak, mashed potatoes, green beans...YUMMY!


Second Meal: Okay, so it's my plate, but that's what he ate!!


And he LOVED it! :)

So we'll see what he's willing to try next.

On another note, this (www.mycharmingkids.net) is the link to a blog that I've recently started following. Please pray for this family, and especially for Baby Stellan. I can't imagine having to go through any of this with my kids, and I pray to God that I never have to. Please pray for healing and strength for this little baby and his family. Take Care!

Lindsey

1 comment:

The Lichtenberg's said...

I can't believe that he is going to be ONE already!!! That went by so quickly...and what a big boy he is already acting like! Soon he'll be ordering his own happy meal and running around with his new toy on the playground and McDonald's :) What a cutie!