Wednesday, July 29, 2015

9 Months...And Counting

(I guess I should hit "Publish" since as of today you are no longer 9 months old, but 10!!!)

9 Months
Baby Girl, time is passing much too quickly.
You are growing like a weed, and are learning SO Much, SO Fast!
We went for your 9-month check up a couple of weeks ago, and you weigh 17lb 10oz, and are 28 inches long.  When I look back at your brother's stats, you are right in the middle of where they were.  You were longer and leaner than Brandon, but heavier and just as long as Russell. :-)

You've learned so much just within a month and it blows my mind.  New things you have started doing are:
*Blowing kisses (complete with the "Mmm Ma" sound)
*Doing Patty Cake by yourself (even "rolling them up")
*Going from crawling to standing without holding on to anything
*Taking single steps once steady (you still fall after that first step, and I'm okay with that!)
*Saying and mimicking so many names and sounds.  Mama and Dada are clear as day.  You also say dog-"Gah", duck-"Duh", quack-"Ka", Jake-"Day" (I love hearing you say this, because your little face lights up when talking about Jake), more-"MA" and that is in capital letters because you are usually hollering "MA!".  You will say all of these on demand, or when you see those things.  "More" comes in when you are eating, and have finished what's on your tray.  Cracks me up how demanding you are with your food.  You recognize dogs right away, and watch ducks intently when we are at the lake.
Speaking of the lake, you still LOVE being in the water.  You get so excited when you see the boat and once your little feet hit the water you usually do not want to get out. 
You are strictly eating table foods now, and of course your milk, but we stopped doing baby food.  You are all about feeding yourself, but I do not like that when you are finished you start dropping your food on the floor.  "All Done" might be the next thing we work on.

We love you so very much and love watching you explore and learn.  But stay little, Sweet Girl.  Please stay little.

No comments: