Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Addison Jo

7 lb 2 oz, 20 in.
My girl is finally here.  She took her sweet time and did end up having to be evicted, but she is here!  And as suspected, she did enter this great big world showing that she has a flare for the dramatic.  During delivery, Baby Girl's heart rate kept dropping, so the midwife called in the doctor in order to use the vacuum to get her out.  Apparently the umbilical cord was wrapped around her shoulders somehow, and each time I would push it would compress the cord causing her heart rate to drop.  Ben said when the doctor came in, that a whole other team of nurses came in for Addi.  As soon as she was out they whisked her away to make sure she was okay...I didn't even get to see her so I had to call out for someone to confirm that she was in fact a girl! :-)  Ben and I did get to have our "Golden Hour" with just the 3 of us, but when they came to assess her again they noticed her breathing was way too fast.  All other vitals were fine, but with her breathing so rapidly they decided to take her to the transition nursery for monitoring.  We finally got her back in our arms around 9:30 that night!
 
Her brothers absolutely adore her, and her Daddy is already wrapped very tightly around those little bitty fingers.  Brandon loves loving on his sister, and Russell has been very quick to ask or volunteer to hold her at any chance.  The boys have adjusted amazingly well to having their little sister at home, and it fills my heart to see them all together.  I did feel bad for Ben at the hospital because in all the craziness to make sure she was okay, he never got to hold Addi until she was back in our room that night.  From that point on, the only time I would get to hold her was when she was eating...And even then Ben would keep asking if she was done because he wanted her back!  To this day he still takes her from me any chance he gets.  Even on Sunday at church he held her protectively in his arms the entire service, only letting people look over his shoulder to see her.  It amazes me how much this one little person has impacted all of our lives already.

Brandon meeting Addison for the first time

Russell meeting Addison for the first time

Pumpkin Patch...6 days old

 
This little girl has already had lots of "firsts" in her short 2 weeks of life.  She's been to the bowling alley, the fair, the pumpkin patch, her brothers' football fames, and even for a ride on the boat.  She has handled it all SO WELL and has pretty much slept through all of it!  Things may be different once she's more alert and mobile, but she has joined right in with our little family and is a pro at handling our on-the-go schedule already!  
She eats and sleeps great...To the point that I'm afraid to even talk about it because I don't want to jinx it!  At night she goes anywhere from 3-4 hours between feedings, and is usually right at 3 hours during the day.  She has had one fussy morning, but otherwise the only time she really cries is when she's hungry.  She has really done great so far and I for sure can't complain at all! 
 
2 weeks old

 
 I have so many thoughts and feelings swirling around, but the main one is how full my heart is.  God has truly blessed us, and I am so very thankful that He chose us to be the family for this little girl. 
Welcome Baby Addison.  We Love You!! 

1 comment:

Billie Jo said...

Congratulations!!!!!
So happy for you all, Lindsey!
She is beautiful.
Enjoy your baby days, my friend. : )