Thursday, June 14, 2012

Mail2Blogger

So based on the number of comments I received, there is apparently lots of interest on how to email a post to the blog…Come on guys, my kids are cute too; see below???  You can leave comments about them as well!  :-) 


Anyway, I decided to tell you how I came across this little piece of awesomeness, and hopefully it will help you out too!

Step 1.  From Blogger Dashboard, click on Settings.

Step 2.  Click on the “Email & Mobile” tab, and scroll down to “Postings”

Step 3.  You should *hopefully* see an email address listed there, but if you don’t I don’t know how to tell you to set it up…I did that a LONG time ago, not realizing what it was.

Step 4.  From your personal email (or work or school…), type in the email address from your blog as your “To” address.

Step 5.  Type your post (Kind of a given, but some might miss this step…J) (pictures can be added to your email message as well, and come through just fine)

Step 6.  When I click “Send”, my email is sent as a draft to my blog, and then I go in and tweak the formatting (just a little, or a lot depending on what I want), preview it, and then it’s good to go. 

And that is all.  I truly stumbled on it by accident and thought I’d give it a try; fortunately for me it worked.  I hope it works for you too; let me know if my “tutorial” helps or not.  If not?...Well, I tried.



2 comments:

Caitlin @ Candyfloss & Persie said...

i love it, that's such a good tip and I never would have found that on my own. I really want to try this because my work is so strict and I can't even access any blogs during the day so I am doing a lot at night. I would love to throw something together during my lunch break so that I could just tweak at night rather than start from square one. I will report back once I give it a go.

And your kids are cute? Tell me something I don't know!

Lindsey @ The Hill House said...

That's the exact problem I have, and why I was so excited to find it! I hope it works for you!