Thursday, April 26, 2012

Tybee Island-Part One, The Beach

First off, who can make a multi-part post about an 8 hour stay at one place?  Oh yeah, that's me.  Which means, JUST WAIT TIL I GET TO POST ABOUT MAUI!!!  That thing will be 30 parts! :)  I jumped ahead of myself with the Easter blooper pictures and forgot all about sharing the pictures from our Tybee Island trip.  
I had never been to Tybee before, so to find out we were going to be so close all weekend, I just couldn't pass up going.  And since I didn't get a single, solitary picture of the boys and the lighthouse on our first day there, it naturally meant we had to go back for a second time. 
Over St. Patrick's weekend we spent Friday at the beach with Haley and Noah, but on Sunday it was just our little family.  The weather was absolutely perfect; I don't think it could have been much better.  There was just enough of a breeze to keep it from being hot, but it wasn't as strong and chilly as it had been on Friday.  The temperature was also a little warmer, so it made the cool water a bit more tolerable.  The tide was out, and it had left a nice puddle for the boys to play in that was close enough to the "big water", but far enough away that I could lay out and soak up some sun without constantly looking for them in the ocean.


We could tell the water was starting to go out of our little puddle, so we built a dam to hold the water in.  They didn't quite understand what we were telling them to do at first, so I had to go show them.  Once the dam was in place, the boys were able to run back and forth, back and forth, and back and forth some more.  They absolutely loved it!



Every now and then they would venture close to the water; Russell was even brave enough to get about waist deep at one point.  Brandon only cared about going out there to pee.  Wrong, I know, but when a 3 yr old has to go, a 3 yr old has to go.  And if you know my child, you know he's not scared to just pull it out and go wherever.  The joys of having boys...
Ahh, this is the life.
The boys spent plenty of time playing in the water, building sand "castles", and just enjoying being at the beach...They get their love of the beach from their Mom for sure.  You would think they got it from Ben considering he grew up close to the beach in Florida, but he just doesn't see the fun of spending a day sitting at the beach doing nothing.  He'll go and he'll make it a good day, but it is for sure not his first choice.  Well, it sounds like pure heaven to me!
Oh, and I made sure that this time we got some pictures with the lighthouse in the background.  Who knows when my kids will ever seen one again, and I was definitely not going to miss the photo op for a second time.  I just feel bad for that poor couple standing close by; I hope they didn't think we were taking pictures of them! LOL!  Here are a few of my favorites, the last one being by far my most favorite.  Gosh I love all three of these boys. :-)


5 comments:

Snuzi said...

Beautiful pictures! Looks like a wonderful vacay!

Caitlin @ Candyfloss & Persie said...

hahah, I went Hiking Saturday at the coast and took 336 pics in 6 hours SO, I get it.


Wow this looks BEAUTIFUL. The Southern USA is the only region I have never explored and I am dying to. these pics just push that into me more.

I must admit that I'm with Brandon when it comes to peeing outdoors. Though I usually dont' make a point of it, I would much rather pee in the Pacific when I go to the beach than travel a mile into town to go in a gross outhouse!

I'm glad you guys had such a nice day, your boys are so cute. So, so cute. And you are skinny mini! I hope after I have kids I look half as good as you.

Elle Sees said...

i went to fernadina beach, fl this weekend!

Caitlin @ Candyfloss & Persie said...

your trip is coming up!!! I'm so excited for you!

Caitlin @ Candyfloss & Persie said...

Happy Mother's day!