Thursday, March 22, 2012

St. Patrick's Day Weekend

**Warning:  This post contains TONS of links to pictures from this weekend.  That's what happens when I'm allowed 3 full days with my camera.  Enjoy!!** 

What a wonderful weekend we had!!  Our friends Clayton and Sabrina always go to Savannah for St. Patrick's Day, and this year they invited us to go along with them.  And it worked out perfectly with St. Patty's Day falling on a Saturday; perfect timing for a fun-filled weekend getaway!  
We headed out early Friday morning with plans to spend the day at Tybee IslandEven with the distraction of portable DVD players, we were still hit with the "Are we almost there?" bomb not even an hour into our trip.  Then we had a puker another hour or so down the road.  We stopped to grab breakfast and I noticed Russell didn't seem quite as chipper as he normally is.  Upon asking him what was wrong he started crying and saying he was going to throw up.  Sure enough, before we even got out of the parking lot he was spitting into his hands.  Fortunately it was nothing more than spit!  We pulled over again to deal with that mess, then followed Clayton in circles around the gas station before finally getting back on the road.  The next 3 hours were sure to be long! 
But thankfully the rest of the trip was calm and nothing but fun.  We spent Friday afternoon at the beach, being joined by Sabrina's sister Melissa.  She was so kind and such a wonderful hostess the entire time we were there.  The kids (and dads) had a great time building their sand castles, and even though the water was a bit too cold to get all the way in, they did brave sticking their toes in a little bit.  Except Noah that is.  He didn't want anything to do with the water or the sand! :-)

 




Saturday was St. Patrick's Day so we headed out early again to go into Savannah to watch the paradeIt was absolutely packed; they were expecting around a million people I heard!  But since we had "been there since 7:00!" we were right in front and able to see everything just fine.  The boys (and all of the kids) did so well considering how hot and crowded it was.  I honestly expected quite a few meltdowns, but everyone was SO happyWe did decide to leave early and headed back to Melissa and Whit's house to grab lunch and cool off.  The babies needed naps and I needed my personal space back so I was more than fine with leaving early.  But we weren't calling it a day just yet.  Melissa and Whit were kind enough to take us all out on their boat for dinner on the water.  
The boat ride was great, and all of the kids had fun hanging out and looking for dolphins.  We did see a few, but sadly I was not able to catch them on camera. :-(  The weather was absolutely perfect for an evening ride.  The waters were calm, except when we passed the one boat and his wake soaked the front of our boat.  Other than that the waters were calm. :-)  And dinner was delicious!  I do not remember the name of the restaurant, but their fried shrimp was SO GOOD!  My only regret was that there was not enough room in my belly to be able to finish it all.  It was the perfect combination of good friends, good weather, new friends, great food, lots of laughter, and just an all around good time.  I was sad for the weekend to end, but I'm so thankful for all of the memories that we now have.  

6 comments:

Mommara said...

What a fun weekend. We miss Melissa and Whit so much. I'm glad ya'll had fun. :)

Caitlin @ Candyfloss & Persie said...

wow!!! I just clicked all your picture links, that's a great way to do it without clogging the entire post with images like I always do. :(

Your weekend puts mine to shame- I would much rather be doing this! Friends, kids, boats, parades, the beach! Say it isn't so. What a great way to ring in St. Patty's Day! And you got some fabulous picture of them all on the beach! I don't know that I'll ever tire of seeing Dogs & Kids on the beach in pictures- they always look just ridiculously free and happy. Glad for the most part it was meltdown free! Minus the car ride, it is funny how carsick kids get. I used to always have issues like Russell (though it was usually throw up) in the car and now, as long as I don't try to read, I never get car sick. I think kids are always just looking all over the place and losing their balance that they are more prone to it. At least that's my theory that I just made up.

glad you guys had fun, you all look so happy in the pictures- love the one of the four of you at the parade.

Elle Sees said...

i'm so happy you had a good time!!

momto8 said...

oh lucky you!! Your pictures are fabulous...what a fun time!
i am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.
hope you have a great week!

Missy said...

What great great photos! Looks like a fantastic trip !!! Love the picture of you and your babies on the boat . They sure are growing up .

♥ my diary♥ said...

nice post and encouraging...thank you for sharing...blessings...