Monday, August 22, 2011

The Big "3"

Dear Brandon,

I hope you enjoyed your 3rd birthday as much as I enjoyed spending it with you.  Even though you had a few moments where you tested my patience, it was still such a fun, enjoyable day for me.  I hope it was the same for you.
You made me smile in the morning when I told you that it was your birthday and you were three, and all you did was roll back over and say "I don't want to talk anymore."  Well happy birthday and good morning to you too!  But you redeemed yourself with your big, sweet "Kank You!" and HUGE hug that you gave me after you got to blow out your candles...Never mind the fact that they were stuck in a cereal bar.  That's just how we roll. :-)  And you seemed to really love your "Cookie Monster" pillow, even though it's not really Cookie Monster. 
I can't wait for your big birthday party next weekend; I think it's going to be lots of fun for you!  I'm especially excited to use the "Cookie Monster" cups that you were so excited about.  You gave Mommy another big "Kank You!" for those too! 
You are such a sweet, bratty, smart, mischevious little boy (man you take after your mother!) and I can only hope and pray that I'm able to stay one step ahead of you at all times.  Because right now there are days that I think we're tied neck and neck.  You're doing so great with going to the big boy potty; keep up the great work!  And thank you for being such a big helper around the house.  You do a great job putting the clothes into the washer and the dryer, and putting your clothes away.  Happy birthday to you, and thanks to God for letting you spend one more year with us.  I hope and pray for many, many more. 
We love you, Buddy.  You are our most favorite Brandon in the whole world.


Love,
Mommy, Daddy, and Russell

PS-SLEEP IN YOUR OWN BED!!!

1 comment:

Caitlin @ Candyfloss & Persie said...

I never get tired of people using their Blog to write birthday letters to people, they're always so sweet and funny- even from my outsider perspective. This boy is very blessed to have you as a Mom! And all little boys should be mischievous, that is a cold, hard, fact of life.