Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Hello Friends!

So I survived my first two days of the nursing program.  Barely, but I survived.  On my first day we had a practice test to go over our general mathematical abilities...All I have to say is "Dear Mathematical Abilities, please come back to me!  You know I know how to do math; stop playing games with me!"  I don't know what the deal was, but I made so many stupid mistakes on my practice test.  Um, that is unacceptable.  So it's time to step back and slow down.  This isn't about who finishes first or who is the best; this is about getting through the program to the best of my ability and working with those babies.  And that's just what I plan to do.  It will be a hectic 5 weeks; my school is changing from quarters to semesters, so what we would typically learn in 10 weeks, I'll be learning in 5.  But I will survive.  The teacher said so! :-) 
I get to participate in graduation ceremonies this Friday for my HealthCare Assistant Certificate.  It was a requirement of my school to complete that program before being eligible for the nursing program.  So I completed it last month and have chosen to participate in graduation ceremonies this weekend.  Hey, I didn't give up one year of my life and shed so many tears of frustration for nothing; I'm going to walk down that graduation aisle!!
Other than that we've been up to the usual.  Work, play, lake.  You know, same old same old.  I've also been trying to take more pictures so that I have some memories of the next two years.  Below are some of my favorites...Happy Tuesday Friends!  If you don't hear from me for a while, don't worry; you can find me buried under a stack of drug calculations and nutrition information!

She'll do anything for Aunt Lin. :-)

Brandon, 2 yrs 10 months-He sucks his thumb and rubs the tag in his pants/shorts/shirt.

Watching the storms roll in.  Picture straight out of the camera.


Watching the sunset.  Our house has the most beautiful sunsets.


1 comment:

Caitlin @ Candyfloss & Persie said...

It sounds like you're on your way!!! I hate pre-tests where you feel like a dang fool. When I was little I was just excited because they weren't graded but now that I'm older I feel like I need to prove that I'm not as dumb as this sounds! ha, I hope the graduation was fun!