I have to pat myself on the back for the cool mom that I've been being or at least trying to be. First it was taking Russell to that art place (which sadly is now closed) and then a couple of weeks ago I not only took him to the Cars 2 promo event, but also to Fernbank Museum. If I don't get Cool Mom points for that, well then I just give up on being a cool mom!
The kid had talked about going to a museum for a little while and then didn't really mention it after that. But then in my purse I found (it's amazing what you'll find in there...Steak rub anyone?) a coupon for buy one get one free tickets to Fernbank. It expired 6/1, so I decided to let him play hookie for a day and we went on our merry way. He was so cute that morning because all I told him was that I had a surprise for him; didn't tell him what kind, where, nothing. Of course that got his wheels turning and he asked me if I was coming to eat lunch with him at school. When I told him no, that he wasn't even going to school, I got the biggest "Thank you, Mom" I've ever heard. Great way to start the day.
And when I've not been being a cool mom, we've been at the lake. Either on the boat, at Ben's parents' house which is on the lake, or eating dinner lakeside. We'd heard about this one little restaurant that's right on the water and that has a little water play area for the kids...I think this is my most favorite place now. Not only is it close, like 7 minutes from our house by boat OR car, but Brandon LOVED the water play area.
And since he stayed in that area, I didn't have to spend my entire meal arguing with him to eat or making him behave. It was Great!! Note to self though: Feed Brandon before going because he will not want to eat once he sees the water area.
So yeah, maybe I didn't do so great with my menu planning thing (I will have to do better once school starts though!), but I feel like lately things have been just as they should be. And I am good with that.
And since he stayed in that area, I didn't have to spend my entire meal arguing with him to eat or making him behave. It was Great!! Note to self though: Feed Brandon before going because he will not want to eat once he sees the water area.
3 comments:
Cool Mom who moonlights as a Boater??? Definitely jealous of your life! I can't wait for kids to be in my life so I can take them on fun outings (mine won't be around for awhile, but my Married Sister can have children any... day... now... please!). How wonderful, I'm glad life is treating you so well.
What an awesome time! I bet your kids friends are jealous they have such a great mom! :)
You are so a cool mom!! That's awesome! I bet they loved the Cars characters, a friend of mine's son would go crazy over that :)
Post a Comment