Saturday, April 23, 2011

Quick Catch Up

IMG_6958 I know I owe you lots of pictures, so that’s what I’ll do this time.  And since this is Easter weekend and LOTS more pictures will be taken, I figure I should probably get it all out now before I bombard you again.  Over the past few weeks we have been busy, trying to be outside and enjoy the nice weather as much as possible.  The warm weather is my most favorite time of the year, not just because I hate being cold but because we get to spend many nights and weekends out on the boat.  And sitting on the water makes this girl a VERY happy girl.
A few weeks ago the weather was perfect for dinner on the water, so I grabbed some fried chicken from Publix and out we went.  Brandon wasn’t too sure about the lake last year, but this year he loved it.  IMG_6970He was fascinated by the wake of the boat, and thoroughly enjoyed waving at other boaters.  He even got to drive the boat with Daddy, as well as by himself.  I think this summer will be a good summer on the water for him.  
IMG_6984

IMG_7053
 Russell has pretty much always enjoyed being out on the boat, except maybe for the time when he was less than 6 weeks old; I don’t think he was fond of that trip!  I’m glad my boys enjoy being on the water and show an interest in learning about it.  I had never been on a boat until I met Benjamin, but after my first trip out I was hooked.  I don’t care to drive the boat like the boys, but I sure do enjoy spending my time parked on the sundeck on a hot summer day!  And there is nothing better than sunrise and sunset on the lake.  I don’t see the sunrise that often, but we enjoy a good lake sunset any chance we can.IMG_7042

IMG_7011
This past weekend we took the boys to the G-Day game for Georgia.  It’s a spring scrimmage for the team, and serves as a way for the players to maybe move up to a better starting position.  At least that’s what I think it is.  We thought it would be something different and fun for the kids, and since Russell plays football we thought it would be fun for him to see a “real” college game.  I think they had a good time, despite all their complaining about being hot.  Hey, the weather said high of 63 which is cold to me.  I’m sorry I forgot about the sun beating down on us!  Give me a break!IMG_7153 IMG_7156
IMG_7165


 I’m excited about football season already, and all I have to say is “GGGOOOOOOO Dawgs! Sic ‘em!” :-)




And to give you one more quick glimpse of what we’ve been up to, here are some random pictures taken around the house.  Thanks for hanging in this long; maybe one day I’ll be better at filling you all in more frequently instead of having to do an overload catch up. 
IMG_7129 IMG_7133
IMG_7191IMG_7182 
 IMG_7179
  Happy Easter Everyone!!!

2 comments:

The Lichtenberg's said...

LOVE the pictures of all the kids together on the dock!! That's so cute. See you guys on the lake!!! Happy Easter!

Caitlin @ Candyfloss & Persie said...

oh SOOO cute, I wish we had a boat when I was their age, so much fun! We have one now and hopefully I'll get to take my kids out on it someday. I love the popsicle images - kids and frozen treats in hot weather never get old. I would love to visit Georgia, I've never been.