Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Better Late than Never

So my biggest little man celebrated his 6th birthday.  In early April.  That we actually celebrated in late April.  And that I'm just now writing about in mid-July.  Because that's just how I roll. :-)  His party turned out to be quite successful, despite the torrential downpour the day before, and the 20+ mile per hour wind gusts on the day of his party.  No one could stand upright for fear of toppling over, but it was a fun party anyway.  At least we weren't partying in the rain.  Because if you know me at all, you know that I rarely have a backup plan.  Which was of course the case on this day as well. 
Anyway, I have to say a very special Thank You to my friend Sheryl at Icing Makes the Cake for the absolutely awesome cake she made for Russell.  I can not even begin to imagine how long it took her to make this cake, but I hope she knows it will definitely be remembered in our book and we will definitely be calling on her again!  And you should too! :-) 
Russell had a great 6th birthday, and is still enjoying most of the toys he got...Some of them didn't escape the wrath of his younger brother long enough to be played with and enjoyed...Such is life around here though!  So that's pretty much that.  We played, we partied, and we battled the winds long enough to make it a fun and successful birthday party.  Happy 6th birthday to my biggest little man!!!

No comments: