Friday, April 2, 2010

A New Chapter Begins

    At least for me anyway!  I am in the final days of life as a non-student, because as of next week I will go to my very first college class!  And I'm finally excited about it.  I've been scared and intimidated and doubtful. Discouraged, worried, and nervous.  But now I am finally excited.  And determined.  I am determined to do well; determined to prove to myself that I am able to do this.  When I went to orientation I was scared, and then got embarrassed by a mean adviser, which definitely discouraged me.  Speaking of that, can anyone tell me the difference between a healthcare assistant and medical assistant?  Because apparently they are "completely different".  But that's a different story that I have decided not to dwell on.  
    So now I'm ready to start down this next path and see where it takes me.  I don't mind the job that I have.  It does pay the bills after all.  But I'm not happy with this job.  I don't want to be doing this job in 10 years.  But the thought of going to school and doing well and becoming a pediatric nurse just excites me to no end.  I know it all won't be roses, and I am sure there will be days that I won't like that job either, but the thought of working with those sweet little precious babies just makes me giddy.  You see, I'd have a house full of those sweet little precious babies if I could.  I just love kids.  I love being around kids so much more than adults (most of the time!).  And while I would love to stay home with my hellion sweet, bratty adorable, loud fun little babes, that won't pay the bills.  So the thought of doing something that involves the things I already love that will also pay the bills is just flat out exciting.
     Wish me luck bloggy world, because I think this next chapter is going to be a doozy!!

Lindsey

1 comment:

The Lichtenberg's said...

Good luck!!! I'm sure you'll do great!