Thursday, January 21, 2010

Brandon Babble

I often think about the differences between my two boys, and I have very good intentions of doing a comparison one day of all their stats at their similar ages. One thing that I don't know if I did with Russell though, is to make note of the funny things he said, or the funny way he said things. I remember a few particular things, but I don't know how much I actually wrote down. So with Brandon, I want to document his ever-growing vocabulary for two reasons: 1) so that I can remember these moments forever; and 2) so that you all can understand what he's saying to you, should you ever have to "talk" to him.

"Kankie"--Blankie *Very important that you know this one!*

"Boo"--Balloon

"Bi Boo"--Big Balloon

"Dink"--Drink

"Dup"--Cup

"Bop"--Stop (He actually told me to "Bop" the other day when I was tickling him. Brat!)

"I-ya"--Waya, our dog

"O(short letter sound)-Ye"--Harley, our other dog

"Bubba"--
**My Favorite**--Russell

"Nana"--Either Nana (my mom), Banana, or Savanah (my niece)

"Mm-Mm"--No (we hear this one a lot, usually because he won't take his thumb out of his mouth to talk to me.)

"Kickie"--Chickie (my nickname for Katelyn)

"PapaPapaPapaPapa"--Papa (my dad). Don't get this one started, because it's all you'll hear. Trust Me!

"Oss"--Socks

"Issy"--Fishy

There are so many more, but these are the ones we hear the most at our house. Study these. Learn these. Because Brandon really wants to come stay with each and every one of you. Or maybe Mommy wants Brandon to stay with each and every one of you in order to give her a break? Either way, you'll need to know this language for the next time you see him.

1 comment:

The Lichtenberg's said...

How cute! I love the babble phase. I love that he calls Russell Bubba, that's adorable. BTW we still need to give the boys thier x-mas gifts :) Better late than never!