Thursday, May 28, 2009

9 Months and Counting

Okay, I started this particular post on 5/28/09. At that time it read as follows:

"So it almost makes me sad to type this blog because my babies are growing up so quickly! Too quickly!! I wish I could just freeze time for a little while in order to be able to enjoy and relish each moment, but unfortunately time goes on so I just have to roll with it and hope that I remember each moment as long as I can. Thank God for pictures!
So Russell just graduated from pre-school and earned the "Starburst Award" for his great ideas and creative thinking! Talk about making a Mommy proud! :) At his parent teacher conference she told me that he is proficient in almost everything, but the 2 things that he received an "In Process" on are things that she's not worried about at all. And he's super pumped about starting Kindergarten too, which makes me very excited. He graduated on a Thursday and the teacher said that the kids didn't have to go to school on Friday, if they didn't want to. Well I needed Russell to go to school because I had to work and the first thing he asked me was "Will I be in Kindergarten?" How stinkin' sweet is that?!?!? We have signed him up for football which starts in July. I can't wait to see how that goes...I don't think he realizes that he might get knocked over by other kids, but he wanted to do it and I'm going to encourage him to try anything that he wants to. Well anything except maybe doing donuts on the 4-wheeler. A mom has to draw the line somewhere, right? :)
Brandon is now 9 months old (crazy isn't it!) and is into EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!! And he's got the cutest personality of any kid I've ever seen! He weighs 19 lb 12 oz and is 28 1/2 inches long. He's still right around the 50th percent for everything, but hopefully he'll hit a growth spurt soon. :) While we were waiting to see the doctor, I decided to measure his fat belly and his belly circumference is 20 1/2 inches....Almost as round as he is tall! :) And he did have to get one more shot at this visit, but it was so cute because he cried for about 3 seconds, and when I sat him up he looked at the nurse who did the shot and gave her the biggest grin I've ever seen! How many kids do that?? He now has 5 teeth, and is working on number 6 I think. No middle teeth on the top still; it was the other side tooth on the top that came in this time. He's so cute with his toothy grins and smiles, and I especially get cracked up when he throws his head back to laugh because all you can see is that one lonely tooth on the top. It's the funniest thing to me! He has had to get in trouble a time or two for using those teeth, and he's absolutely pitiful when I get on to him for biting. He'll pucker his bottom lip out and then let out the biggest wail...No tears though so I know he's just trying to sucker me into picking him up or something."

So now today is
6/10 and I am just getting back to it to be able to finish. We have been swamped with trying to get ready for a yard sale, preparing for and participating in Vacation Bible School, karate testing, doctor appointments...You name it and we've done it these last few weeks. So to update you--
Since the last post, Brandon has had 2 more teeth come in, and they are FINALLY his 2 front teeth!!! I knew they were trying to come in, but I had no idea that they had broken through! I feel bad for the poor little guy because he has 3 teeth working their way through all at once, and you can tell they bother him. He hasn't had much of an appetite the past few days, has been sleeping TONS, and was running a fever of 101.1 last night. At least I'm hoping all of that is from his teeth, and not a cold or something. We've all been going to vacation Bible school this week, and as tired as we all are, we are having a great time. Russell told one of the girls in his class that she was his girlfriend, but "she better not even try to kiss him"! :) He's enjoying learning about Jesus each night and is more than excited to tell us what he learned. Brandon goes to the nursery class and hangs out with baby Katelyn and I guess they have fun too...He hasn't said very much about his class. :) We did make it out to the lake a couple of weekends ago, and enjoyed a beautiful day on the water. Russell had a blast riding the wave runner and doing donuts, so I'm sure that will be the thing for him each trip out now. Brandon enjoyed being on the boat, but sure did hate his life jacket. I hope the water warms up soon so that he can get in and hopefully get his mind off how uncomfortable the life jacket is. I stuck his feet in the water and he seemed to enjoy it, but it may be a different story when his whole body's in the water. It's time for me to run and get ready for Bible school again...There are no pictures on this post because I took some new ones a couple of days ago that will make you absolutely die laughing...I want to post those along with all the others. So check this same entry soon for pictures. Or maybe not soon, but in a month or two when I finally update it again. :)

1 comment:

The Lichtenberg's said...

Okay, I must say this update was worth the wait!!! I loved it and am so excited to hear about all the new things Brandon is doing and getting (teeth) and Russell seems so excited to go to Kindergarten...it's adorable! Sad, but adorable :) Okay that was a serious run on but I just loved all these pictures and updates! I can't wait to get together again soon and see the kids, they are growing up way too fast!